Monday, January 31, 2011

RICE MILK

For the last couple of weeks I have been drinking rice milk instead of normal cow milk.And i have to say that I feel a lot better,i have more energy,my skin has gotten better,and my i lost some weight,not a lot,but i can tell the difference. I normaly drink 1 glass per day (250ml) or I buy myself milk in carton which is  200ml.
I dont really chose between different brand,I'm always using Lima original rice milk.We can also chose between different flavours,like chocolate,vanilla,almond,nuts,..but i prefere the normal one,without  addings.


So,here is a small description what Rice milk is :

  •  Rice milk is a kind of grain milk processed from rice. It is mostly made from brown rice and commonly unsweetened. The sweetness in most rice milk varieties is generated by a natural enzymatic process, cleaving the carbohydrates into sugars, especially glucose, similar to the Japanese amazake.[1] Some rice milk kinds may nevertheless be sweetened with sugarcane syrup or other sugars. milk is made by pressing the rice through a mill stream using diffusion to strain out the pressed grains. It is sometimes also made at home using rice flour and brown rice protein, or by boiling brown rice with a large volume of water, blending and straining the mixture.
And i also like adding my rice milk into my morning cereals,mueslis,coffee,because the taste gets even better.
You can also make your home made rice milk and they say its really easy,but i still haven't got any time to make it,but when I will have time I promise I will tell you how it went. And till then I will stick with the one from the shop.

RECEPIE:

-Ingredients

  • 4 cups water


  • 1/2 cup uncooked rice (white or brown may be used) or 1 cup cooked rice (white or brown may be used)


  • 1 vanilla beans or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract



  • -Directions


  • 1 -Cook rice, vanilla bean or extract and water until very soft.


  • 2  -Let cool, remove vanilla bean (if using) and put mixture into blender or food processor.


  • 3  -Blend until very smooth.


  • 4  -Let stand for at least 45 minutes, then strain through cheese cloth.


  • 5  -Voila! Rice milk!





  •  Try it,I think you won't be sorry!
                   xoxo T


    No comments:

    Post a Comment