Thursday, May 5, 2011

BE HEALTHY,BE SKINNY,BE HAPPY


Today's post is really important for all girls,not just me. I'm going to be talking about staying healthy,eating healthy and getting fit. And when it comes to this theme,i get very sensitive and unsecure about myself. Something you may not know is that i have struggled with an eating disorder. Yes,i had anorexia and bulimia,both,and it was awful,the saddest part of my life.
I was barely 14 years old when i decided that i really want to eat healthy,only non fatty food,only organic and bio food which is still great,but then i started losing weight. At first 2kg,then 4kg... and i felt great,i felt super motivated,super strong and proud of myself. But i didn't know that i was getiing to skinny. Everybody was starting to compliment me about how great i look,how thin i am,etc. And i felt even better. But then Booom,one day i quit eating. I simply couldn't eat anymore,because i was so affraid that i will gain weight. I had an apple for breakfast,half of orange for lunch and the rest was water,only water. I get so skinny,sooo thiny that they send me to see a doctor,but his help was useless for me,i didn't listen to him,all i knew was that i'm not ''allowed'' to eat normal food if i don't want to gain weight.
I am 177cm tall and i weight 44kg,i was almost invisible. And my mind was telling me that i need to be perfect-super skinny,nice clothes,beautiful skin and hair... But inside i was dying,i was starving myself do badly. And one day i collapsed. I was taken to the hospital and they gave me that 'artificial'' food,and i gained almost 7 kg in few days. It was a shock for me,i was crying all the time,i wanted to die,i felt so ugly and so down that i was seriously thinking about killing myself.
And when they relased me from hospital i had to promise my doctor and my parents that i will not try to lose weight,that i will not diet anymore,etc. I knew that was the right thing,but in my mind i was already planning how i'm gonna lose that ''extra'' weight. At home,my parents were always beside me when i was eating,controling me and checking if i was really eating. And i did,i did eat,but they didn't know that i was secretly throwing up that food after every meal. I lost weight again and my excuse was stress. But in reality i turned to bulimia. And when my parents found that out,i was again sent to hospital,but this time they didn't give me that ''fatty artificil food'' but they simply said that if i will continue with my lifestyle that i will die soon. Probably because my heart will become too weak. And that was the moment when i realized that i DO want to live,i want to finnish school,go to collage,have a boyfriend,go out with my friends,travel around,visit places i have never been there before,and have a family one day. So i decided that i will try to eat healty and try not to thow up never again. Well,at first it was really hard,but after some time i was getting a lot better and i was happier. And still today,i mentain a really healthy weight, i'm still 177cm but now i have 54kg and i'm happy. And i know I'm healthy because i'm working on that really hard.
And i don't have any secrets how i mentain this weight -
  • I ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST,but seriously always. I believe that is the key to a great body. It fills you up with energy for entire day. I always start my day with cereals with milk (no sugar added of course),or muesli,porridge. And i have a cup of coffee/cappucino or tea with that.
  • DRINK WATER,TEA - i'm gonna be honest with you- i can't have 8 glasses of water per day,i just can't,but i try to drink as much water as I can. And I also have at least one cup of green tea (with no sugar) per day. It keeps me warm,hydrated and my skin has gotten so much better now,because green tea is great for your skin,hair,nail,basically everything. And i also got used to the taste of green tea after several cups.
  • EXERSICE- I try to keep moving a lot,but i don't go to the gym,but instead of that i love dancing,i love running,just going out and do something useful. I was never really a sport girl,but exercising is now part of my life.
  • I DON'T EAT SWEET FOOD AT ALL-  I know you might think I'm crazy but i really don't eat sweets or desserts. I'm very strict when it comes to that point. Insted of that i always make myself a cup of non sugar caramel capuccino with a little bit of soy milk. And that is my treat.
  • EAT A LOT OF VEGGIES AND FRUIT - we all know that it's really important to have 3-5 pieces of fruit per day. Sometimes i do,sometimes i don't. But i really LOVE veggies,i'm totally a veggie person. I love salad,carrots,peas,broccoli,etc. Sometimes i make a full bowl of peas for lunch and i eat it with chinese chopsticks :)
I hope this a bit helpful for some of you,and it really means a lot to me that i can share my story with you.
And if you want i can make more posts about staying healty,good food.sports,motivation... Let me know if you'd like that! :)

Don't worry about your body image to much,instead of that try to except yourself as you are,because that is the way to happiness and a better life. Love your life, becase we were all given just one. Don't waist it in that way i did.

Love,Tjasa*









No comments:

Post a Comment